Saturday, December 04, 2010

Needs some make up...

This building (pink/white) is about 300 feet away and I tested the 580 EX speedlite coverage strength. Right after I took it, I couldn't help with "wow...", but then noticed the underlying water mark on the external wall. It needs some make up.

HK is now under another sequel of sand storm [all the way from Mongolia Gobi dessert, south-eastward far reaching to Taiwan and bounced back south-westward to HK. Amazing traces of Gobi is here. Pixmation, not just flash we are trying bounced back. Even sand storm does. :)], you would see the dim smog in the dark around the black building behind.

6 comments:

Stella said...

I noticed HK has lots of roof top gardens now. Pretty nice.

in the sea said...

I think more than half of the apt. buildings have the roof top to go with the top floor's unit. It's nice to have some space in this congested concrete jungle.

pixmation said...

wow, didn't expect the flash is that powerful. It's rated at 58 meter at ISO 100 I guess higher ISO will will yield longer distance.

in the sea said...

I set the ISO to 200 and with the 50mm F1.4 lens but set at F5.6. I used the pre-flash distance to point at the closet corner apt. the result is really amazing to me. Thanks again for convincing me to get this 580 EX speedlite. I didn't expect I bought this one before getting a L lens. :)

Mickey Mouse said...

@Stella: in HK rooftop space also hv to pay on top of the flat price, so owners wanna make use of what they hv paid for, result that ppl used to build another hut, but now more ppl go green so owners may build a rooftop garden, also rooftop garden is legal, but rooftop house eventually need approval otherwise it is an illegal object

Stella said...

Thank you Mickey for the explanation.
No wonder I saw lots of roof top gardens from Jade Channel. So this is the trend in HK now.
The roof top garden really enlightens the whole apartment and make it look fresh and lively.
It can also be a guest house or maid room or "in-law" house.