Monday, December 13, 2010

Shek Wu Market 石湖墟, Sheung Shui 上水, HK

Visited here today and found out some old lost memory. No. 1 photo: this kind of shop was my most visited shop for my old days of home cooking. 2: Gold line semi-sun dried salty fish金線半晒咸鮮魚. My family used to sun dry this fish out on the kitchen. It's not like the salty fish. It's just marinated with about 1-2 table spoon of salt (unlike salty fish put in a thick bed of salt). So it's not that salty. So good to put some ginger slices and oil for steaming. No. 4: I bought this "fried rice cake". It tastes so good and not sweet and pretty crispy and crunchy. At least not hard as stone. No. 5: This one really caught my eye and my sister already ran up and grab a bag of this nice dried tangerine peel. What caught my attention is the nicely even deep brown color without any dark spot on the peel and very light. So HK$70 for one bag isn't expensive.







3 comments:

Stella said...

This has brought me back to my childhood visit and memory.
Very nostalgic.

in the sea said...

Yes, I really like the smell of this kind of town.

Stella said...

Too bad I cannot smell from here. Maybe another 5 years la.