Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Bath room, Plantation Pool Villa, Pavilions Phuket

Finally I had time to use Lightroom3 to fix the photos taken in the bath room of Plantation Villa. FYI, I would have only 3-5 minutes to take photos of the hotel room and so I can't go for too much details, nor I would have use an external flash to have a better lighting. As you can see, the bath room is all black and with some red. Besides, the light bulbs are not enough, nor the sunlight is good enough. So I had to reduce the contrast and have the recovery by 60% and fill more light and also use the lens correction to correct the distortion.



6 comments:

pixmation said...

Very nice, I like black bathroom. this is a room that's very difficult to photograph. In situation like this, you can switch to RAW and that will give you better recovery image quality in post processing. :)

in the sea said...

Hehe.. if there is an award for data environmentalist, I guess I can apply for it. Actually I didn't expect I would have changed the room and at that day I thought about attaching the external flash with my silver umbrella as a bouce back (since it's all dark incl. the ceiling). It turned out I changed the room so quickly.

pixmation said...

Ha, when you carry a silver umbrella when you are travel it serves as multi uses. clever.

in the sea said...

That silver umbrella is bought from "circle K", and it's just HK$20. When I saw you use that kind of umbrella, that reminds me of that umbrella. Next time, we should buy some silver wind jacket, or silver bag, silver wig... :)

Thailand Club said...

har! silver umbrella from Circle K?

oh next time can use Madame Tung A1 SARS jacket too :-) hahaha

in the sea said...

A1 costume can't be used for flash bounce back, unless Madam Tung used some silver/gold make up. That suit is semi transparent except the middle part. :)