Saturday, October 22, 2011

Poolside lunch by Verandah, Mandarin Oriental BKK

Verandah has further proved herself to be the 2nd best MO outlet (1st be Le Normandie of course) to me. Tried their Chef's salad by the pool (actually tried their burger 3 hours ago) and an encore for their iced mocha. I really like the way they make iced mocha. Very aromatic dark choco (unsweetened) and fine coffee hijacks my taste buds from not letting go. This is what I call "to die for". Veradah or the whole MO makes the very best bread that really set my soul on exile to wonderland. The surprise never ends. I am thrilled to taste their dark choco. tart with passionfruit sorbet. So melty dark choco. and yet not too sweet. The passionfruit sorbet is mixed with some crushed pistachio. This is so inspiring to me. Passionfruit is pretty sour but the pistachio nut's flavour enhances the citrus aroma. Highly recommended. *this pool is so warm that I can even sweat in the pool. Amazing.








5 comments:

Mickey Mouse said...

for the choco tart, at THB 280++, is a big bargain ..

in the sea said...

Yes much indeed and much worth it.

Stella said...

Oh you are killing softly with this hotel.

Yes MO-BKK has good food from bread to main course to dessert to drink to everything to anything...

Nobody does it better.

Yes the pool is heated that is what I like the most. This is the only heated pool I discovered in BKK. I can nap in the pool next time.

in the sea said...

More to be reported...

Stella said...

Look forward to it.......