Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Chiu Yuen 潮苑 Noodle Shop, Chun Yuen St. 春園街 Wanchai


Have been to this shop 10 years ago because I got attracted with their "hand made" beef cake (shown on the top of the nearest bowl). At that time, they weren't good enough for me to keep in my memory. So lately, I went to this shop again. Wow, not only the beef cake improved a lot, but also the soup base. They use a lot of cow's bones for the soup! Also they have the 草肚 (on the top of the other bowl) which is quite hard to find nowadays. This kind of stomach is usually frozen with the golden coin like pattern, but that one is not as good as this one. What amazed me is the deep fried fish skin (on the left). Very crispy and not salty and not oily either! Impressive! I would recommend you try this one and then go to Kam Fung 金鳳 local tea restaurant for a milk tea and egg tart, just a few shops next to it on Chun Yuen Street.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, this one is good. Must try. also 金鳳奶茶. 勁正.

Tim