Friday, November 21, 2008

No TV, No Phone, just an Island - Coral Island, Phuket

So glad to see the new album of Dido titled "Safe Trip Home" just released and certainly I grabbed it from the shelf regardless of the price stag. When I am back home, I usually turn on the TV set just like anyone else does to make the apt. with some noise. Tonight I turned it on but then turned it off because I wanna concentrate on listening to each song of this new Dido album, and have my mind traveling back to an island called Coral Island off Phuket. I played the last 2 albums of Dido almost every night in that resort. That resort doesn't have any TV set nor telephone communication. It's just the voice of Dido and the sparkling sea from the moon light and the light sea breeze coming in. Then I realised what a life without living in a box. There was one time I told my friends "I would never feel solitary if I walk back and look up to the sky and feel the Universe.". Now with my favourite music embracing myself in such a quiet land. What more should I ask for? That's already good enough for me.

1. This nice blue house on the beach front is around B2,000 at off season, B4,000 at peak season. I would recommend to try this one on the beach front. 2. Long tail boat resting in day time.

3/4. Strange that every morning when I heard the engine of this long tail boat, I felt so alive as I was seeing those villagers starting a new day of work.
5. Taken in July 2004 before the Dec. 04 Tsunami hitting Phuket. According to the hotel manager, as this beach is back behind the Andaman Sea, so it was just a slow tidal upflow of sea water to the hotel room, not splashing against it. Otherwise, I wouldn't have a chance of re-visiting this resort. 6. Taken in July 2005 after the Tsunami. Apparently the beach was with some scattered shells and stone.
7/8. These 2 friendly dogs have been like an ambassador for the resort. They have been following me around without any annoyance. 9. the big tree in front of the resort.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Photo 7 is very nice, like Melody Fair. The beach is very white and sea water very blue. Like a paradise.