Saturday, November 15, 2008

Lord Jim's, the Oriental Bangkok

Haven't been to Lord Jim's for almost a year, after indulging into Normandie for quite some time. An occasional re-visit really brought back some sort of memories.

1. Sashimi - no doubt about the freshness and quality. 2. various imported veggie - I got some very nice balsamic vinegar.
3. Hand roll - nice crab roe sauce in it. 4. Got little of this ad little of that from almost every dish.

5. Same same - got almost everything. The fillet mignon is quite disappointing. I don't mind they used local beef but at least they should have had some preparation like massaging and hand punching it well. The hot dishes are so so. 6. The dessert made up for my disappointment from the hot dishes. Very ice bread pudding on the top right! Also, the raspberry choco cake is nice too. The dessert is generally not too sweet. Now I should say it's local high-society or royal taste.

7. Mmh.. somehow the ice cream in their outlet at Emporium is better, but this one is good at its low-sweet taste. 8. Mango stick rice is very nice with strong aroma of sticky rice.

9. Saw this painting at the entrance of Lord Jim's. Feels like going home. 10. Couldn't help taking photos of the flowers in Oriental lobby every time I am there.


11. Also for this one, I think I have taken photos of a hundred times. 12. Oriental and the National flag.

6 comments:

Stella said...

What a whole bunch of good photos at Lord Jim and Oriental.
This reminds me of the good time at Oriental and Lord Jim's. I ate 5 dishes of mango with sticky rice at the buffet.
Yes Oriental is the best; even Arthur's Lounge is so cozy and relaxing.
Peninsula will not have the same appeal for some reason.

in the sea said...

I think Lord Jim's and Tea Room do impress quite a lot with their mango sticky rice, though I am not into it.

Anonymous said...

Still didn't have a chance to go there. Looks very nice. Stella, 5 dishes of sticky rice will be very sticky in your stomach.

Man

Anonymous said...

looks very delicious~~ :P

Stella said...

Man,
You shall go to Lord Jim's Brunch. It was grogeous and it was worth it.
I had 5 dishes of mango with sticky rice and 4 more dishes of dessert.
They are so delicious. The mango is just ripe enough and sweet. You may say for mango you can get anywhere else in BKK; it was just different at Lord Jim's. I am mango expert so believe me.
And please don't forget those other dishes such as sushi, seafood, meat, fruit....., plus the attentive service and the nice atmosphere. Please go Man. Please also vist Arthur's Lounge.

in the sea said...

Man, trust us. We are not from the marketing team of Oriental group. Last time when I was to suggest this to a friend of mine but then the reply was "I don't try the hotel food". I don't blame him since I also had this theory in my mind 10 years ago, but then I asked myself "how come I still took breakfast of the hotel I stayed...haha".