Friday, November 14, 2008

Emporium food court, Bangkok

Was told that I have introduced some food which may be a bit expensive. So I went to the food court of Emporium. However, it turned out the food is not that cheap at all in terms of quality. In fact, I passed by a very local street stall and heard from the waiter getting a bill of B870 but as I checked on that table of food, it was just a few dishes. So cheap or not - maybe it's sometimes natural instinct to judge from the look of the restaurant. I don't think eating in the street stalls is not that proportionally cheap though I don't mind eating there.
1. beef and beef ball noodle - B50 2. Khao Kum Moo (pick's knuckle rice) - B65 (was B30). However, quality wise, they dropped so much.

3. somtam - very disappointing 4. the food stalls

5. see how quiet of the food court but it's actually almost 9pm. 6. another side of food stalls.

7. the dining area. 8. wasabi ice cream - a bit disappointing.

4 comments:

Stella said...

The food was good when I went there and the price was cheap too at that time. I liked the pig knuckle with rice a lot and it was only $1.50 US at that time.

in the sea said...

In many local places, somehow the rice is not cooked nicely. It's generally cold and either too soft and wet or hard and uncooked... If possible, get fried rice.

Anonymous said...

I also found out the food court seem not as nice as before. Maybe you and TC should explore more which food court is better now. Siam Paragon is too dark and noisy. The one at Central top floor is quite expensive actually.

Man

in the sea said...

That one on the top floor of Central top floor is called Food Loft. As it's a serviced food court, the price is generally higher than the others.