Saturday, November 08, 2008

My soup - carrot/green radish pork 青紅蘿白豬𦟌

Last Saturday moring, I went to the market and saw some very nice Tein Juen (天津) green radish and carrot. It's now the season for carrot and green radish. Look at the color of this lovely couple. When I cut them in rolling pieces 滾刀, the aroma was immediately released. Cut it on the corner part while rolling the carrot. This way, the sweet and aroma will be in the soup nicely.


So I bought some pork and chicken "skeleton" to make a soup for my sisters and brother. So I put some dried tangerine peel, dried date, "north/south" almond, "golden" ham. It turned out pretty nice and the chicken "skeleton" and "golden" ham brought up the sweet taste of the carrot and green radish so much.

3 comments:

Stella said...

Good to know that you are making soup for your brother(and sisters too of course).
This soup is very good for the autumn weather.

in the sea said...

Next time I will try another one they should miss. :)

Anonymous said...

Can't relate a adventuous person riding on motorcycle who is also a professional chef - you can say "滾刀" and comment cooking so much. The color of the soup looks very nice.