Wednesday, November 05, 2008

In flight meals by Thai Airway

Haven't tried TG for quite some time. So here are the meals I took on my last BKK trip.
1. the main course is pork but somehow it tastes like fish. 2. the minced pork is so hot.... that dessert is not good either. That reminded me of the cake shop (forget the name) which is proud of serving TG as the dessert supplier. Wow, thank them for telling that. So I don't need to try that shop.

3. guess what I would like to introduce? It's the peanut. It's by Four Continents 四洲. Dried and roasted well. Very nice! 4. then the meal on the return flight is much better. Japanese! Now I found out the only one mushroom the local Thai chef did in the right way. Read my previous posts about what the local chefs often commit the mistake in handling dried mushroom. The beef is nice too. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Inbound flight to Bangkok your meal was 'handled' in a HK air catering kitchen, and on your return flight to HK your meal was done in the TG own kitchen.

/TG

Stella said...

I was told that Thai Air is even more costly than CX.

in the sea said...

Mmh.. however, I noticed for some carriers including TG, they would have their return inflight meals ready on the jet if that jet is to return to its origin in an hour something. It's because there was a time I asked the crew if I can another in the tray which I saw in their work station. Then their reply is those are for the return flights. So my former information about the origin of catering may not apply for all carriers.

Stella, that may be why the cost of TG runs higher than CX. They used a bigger tray, metallic fork and knife and now with the return meal. So that's already quite some weight for wasting more fuel.

Anything on the jet should be as less weight as possible. Even the paint, if there is one more paint, that means it's heavier.

Anonymous said...

If they have some meals for return flights, seems not too good to store for too many hours. Like In the Sea said, it will waste more fuel.

Man

Stella said...

If Thai Air is more expensive than CX, who can afford to fly with them?(except businessman paid by company expense or rich people who are not price sensitive).
CX to BKK in this Dec is almost $1,900, which I think is too high already. However, the schedule is still all full(at the time I asked about this it was only mid August).

in the sea said...

Well, I was told by someone in TG and MH(Malaysian Airline) that no matter what it is, those senior management or top executives would stick to their local contractors. So apparently this is how some people got "some" other money out of the deal. If TG bought more meals from HK Catering services, that means they can't control something beyond their control. By now you know why there are some flights they would have meals from the originating places. :)