Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Kim Taro Grill (金太郎), Bangkok



1. the restaurant is situated at the side street of Novotel Lotus on Sukhumvit. The complimentary salad is very refreshing with slightly tasted Japanese soy sauce/vinegar dressing. Refill is complimentary too.

3. from left to right - chicken, beef, siloin. Chicken and beef are marinated a bit too thick. 4. I somehow prefer Sirloin as it's more tender and juicy. However, health-wise, it's not good to cook frozen meat from freezing point to done. The nutrients in the meat will be lost quite much at such a quick temperature change. That's also why I don't like hot pot with those frozen fat beef. Once in a while it's ok, but don't do that often.

5. What a tempting meal. 6. Cold noodle (Korean style) is pretty ok, but it's something really nice from a hot grill.

7. Kimchi is pretty good too. 8. the dessert - tomato in condensed milk. When I looked at it, I already told it's not something I appreciated. Yes, it is aweful. Not because I don't like condensed milk, tomato taste just doesn't agree with condensed milk. So the meal put a very bad remark at the end.

6 comments:

Stella said...

I like tomotoe and I like condensed milk. But they don't go together. This is a lousy dessert.

Anonymous said...

The name is very Japanese but the food look Korean. So what is it belong to?

Man

in the sea said...

The grill is Japanese style but the food is kind of mxed - Korean and Japanese.

Stella, even before I put that in my mouth, I could already tell how aweful the taste of this combination.

Anonymous said...

yakiniku (jap bbq) has great influence from korean bbq (just like some famous jap food was 'imported' from other countries, e.g. ramen from China, tempura from Portugal, sushi from South East Asia ..., so yakiniku place does also incl. some korean delicacies, such as kimchi and cold noodles, and the yakiniku can be eaten the jap way (with salad) or the korean way (with wrapped veggie)

btw, MAN, pls sign in to my GuestBook la

/TC

in the sea said...

Right, TC told me that Sushi was originated from somewhere in SE Asia (Malaysia or Thailand). No matter what, Japanese often improved the things they have imported. This is the cool part of Japanese cuisine and living culture.

Anonymous said...

Sushi from Thailand? 100 years ago?