Thursday, November 20, 2008

Idllywild, Southern California

Think I have introduced too much about Bangkok and Asian cities. Now it's time to take a break and go to a very nice place up on the mountain area of Southern California. It's called Idllywild back behind the Mount San Jacinto in between Palm Springs and Riverside County. The elevation is around 4-5,000 feet high and the air is especially cool. The green makes you feel like you are somewhere in the forest. I went there to accompany my friend for checking on houses. So here are the photos of Idyllwild and some nice houses.

1. Suicide Rock - a challenge for the climbers to risk their life.

3. Idllywild downtown - I can barely see people walking around and it's like a town for hermits.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know why you name this blog as In the Sky and your title as In the Sea. You travel to quite many places, from mountain to sea.

Man

Stella said...

I have been to this city in SC. This house looks so nice. You have been to more places in LA than I do.
You are in the Sky, in the Sea, in the Mountain.

Stella said...

I mean I have not been to this City in SC.

Anonymous said...

So do you know how much that kind of house sell?

in the sea said...

Stella, time for you to explore your country, not just CA. If I were you, I would try driving on the historic route 66 - "Get your kick on route 66....down to Missouri, Oaklahoma City - looks so so pretty..., Flagstaff (Arizona)....Barstow, San Bernardino..." or I-10 all the way to Florida, or I-5 to Seattle. Am now checking if I still keep my photos of Big Bear, San Francisco, Monterey, San Jose, Sausalito, San Diego, 29 Palms, Needles, Laughlin, Bullhead city, ... There are really many nice places to check out.

To Anonymous, as far as I remember the price ranged from US$350k to 750k but now may be cheaper due to sub-prime collapse.

Stella said...

Yes Sea. Please show more photos of other cities in the US. The more the better.
I will not have too much time exploring other cities in the US as I have to save my vacation for Thailand/HK.
Also, I don't like country style places such as Oklahoma(Richard is from there) or Texas(his brother lives there). I only like places with city life and night life such as BKK, Hawaii, Vegas and HK. LA and SF already too quiet and boring to me.
As to photos, I enjoy all the places.

in the sea said...

Thanks Stella. OK, I will try to digitize my old photos and post them later on. Too bad I could only take photos in recent years. I lost some photos I took in places like Barcelona, Zurich, New York...etc.

Stella said...

Me and my friends really like your blog and Thaisclub blog.
This is the best way(and the cheapest) to see the world, especially during this difficult time in the US.

in the sea said...

Thanks Stella. Will try to keep up with more different things in turn. Not just food, though most of this blog is about food.