Sunday, December 20, 2009

HKG-ICN (Seoul) New Business class Cathay Pacific 777-300ER

Got upgraded to on my flight to Seoul from HK today and found out CX enhanced their new business class, and I believe it's gradually launched from their newly delivered orders of Boeing 777-300ER which is the longest twin engine jet flying ultra-long haul on routes like HKG-LAX.
1. The first thing I noticed is that CX lowered the partitions making it more spacious. Good that they listened to customers' voices as I am one of those commenting on it. 2. the seat is with a better angle allowing you sitting at a better relaxing angle.


3. My all-time favourite Kiwi Delight by CX. 4. The electronic part is further utilized in one unique area. 5. The noise cancelling headphones are better and more comfortable.

6. 3-D animated route map. 7. the menu.

8. the tray. 9. the appetizer - prawn salad with string beans and bell peppers - very nice.

10. Mixed salad with grilled zuchini with caesar dressing. Selected veggie and nice dressing too. 11. My favourite - very nice variety of bread rolls nicely warmed.

12. Chose bibimbap (Korean mixed rice) as my main course. 13. the rice was individually heated and seaweed, sesame oil, sweet chili paste - there I went with my mixing.

14. Done - perfect and I didn't leave any on the bowl. 15. Seldom take cheese but I couldn't resist their cheese platter and I saw a nice berry and fit confit to go with the cheese. Why not!

16. Of course, some fresh fruit to clean my taste bud for the final dessert. 17. yes, there it went to me - Hagen Daz! This Cookies and Chocolate is very nice and again those Hagen Daz made in France are not that sweet as compared to those made in Japan or the States. I found it out a long time ago when I visited CX lounges and also in Cannes. Now I get addicted to Hagen Daz made in France! Someone thought I was a bit picky but later on they found the same.

18. a Black coffee to go with the last last sweet - praline! 19. I definitely chose this one - dark choco. praline! The flight took almost 3 hours. By the time I melted this praline, the captain announced for the crew to get prepared for landing. :)

5 comments:

Thailand Club said...

inflight bibimbap?

Stella said...

You made me eat one French roll and then one cup of Haggen Dazs ice cream just now.

in the sea said...

Good... and try to find this one - Cookies and Choco. made in France.

Stella said...

So far not this Cookie and Choco found yet in LA.

in the sea said...

I found out one thing about CX. They are really progressive. Not only for the ice cream do they have available, but also they have many unreleased movies available (at least not shown yet in Asia), like District 6.....