Saturday, December 19, 2009

Movie - The Contact

This movie is one of the few ones I have from time to time been watching it again and again. It may be quite boring for someone especially for the scientists including Jodie Foster to keep tracking on signals from other intelligences of civilisation of outer space. However, I was just so into those moments for them to keep searching, as I hope I can be one of them to search some extra-terrestrial. In fact, I still remember on a hot summer night in Palm Springs, I was out on a patio looking up to the sky, there I witnessed with my friend a transforming semi-transparent metallic jelly-fish like flying object moving vertically upward far far away. One day if I am asked "are you willing to join us to see our world?", I would definitely raise my hand and go without any hesitation.

This movie also mentioned something about religion. Jodie (in the movie) got asked if she believed in god. Her answer was no. So she couldn't go to take the trip on the twisting dimensional pod made on the 3-D design blue print transmitted by the far-away advanced intelligences, because there are 70% of people having religions. So the person who was chosen for this journey should represent the majority of the human being. She was disqualified then. Unfortunately the pod was blasted by a religion-maniac in despising science going against religion. So Jodie was asked by a trillion tycoon who made a second pod built in Hokkaido (Japan). There she finally made her trip to a planet which is so many light years away from our mother Earth. The extra-terrestrial intelligences made themselves look like Jodie's father who died when Jodie was a girl, so as to make Jodie feel easy to communicate with them and made the scene as a sunny beach with calming sea waves...... Do you want to be contacted?

No comments: