Sunday, December 20, 2009

JIHO Chicken Soup, Seoul, South Korea

Got a very nice Chicken Ginseng soup over dinner. The shop is in the outskirt of Myoung Dong and as I saw it's still pretty crowded with some locals, so this is it.
1. my favourite raddish. 2. and my favourite kimchi too.

3. more aroma in your mouth and taking for hours. 4. This once is hot but nice.

5. bean paste. 6. The shop put quite a lot of herbs in explaining their respective uses.

7/8. Hot hot soup and I dropped a few slices of red date.

9. After the soup, I was given a bowl of chilled Chinese herbal drink and it's a very herbal aroma and at least one herb is 五指毛桃 (good for boiling soup with Chicken and "monkey's head" mushroom 猴頭菇). This herb is said to be good for clearing the "wet hot" elements in your body (i.e. helping your body to get adjusted to something your body can't get adapted to). So out of curiosity and as the lady in the shop can speak fluent Mandarin, I asked what other herbs and highly greeted her of this very nice chilled herbal drink. She then told me it's made of 10 different kinds of Chinese herbs but she didn't know what they are as it's done by the master chef. I didn't insist but rather told her not to tell me as we need to respect the master chef. She was very nice in further telling me this chilled drink is made for offsetting the heated and boiling feeling of the Chicken soup, especially the sticky rice in the soup. 12. So she gave me 2 more! So nice of her and she insisted getting no tipping but told me to come back if I enjoy the soup and this chilled herbal drink. See this is another way we learn from running a business and what we call "Customers' services". I am glad I learn this beautiful and graceful lesson from this nice lady. No matter how sleepy I am, I need to post it as I don't want to lose this feeling when I wake up tomorrow. :)

11. Somehow I can't sit like that for meals, but good for "chronic" stretching. 12. the Shop entrance.

4 comments:

Thailand Club said...

wow the food, yummy :)

Stella said...

OK, I believe you that Korea is only good at Korean food.
:)

Anonymous said...

I ate there tonight. Delicious. But I didn't know about the herbal drink. Next time.

in the sea said...

Thanks Anonymous. The herbal drink is quite nice and good for cooling off.