Wednesday, December 09, 2009

美心MX Fast food shop, Hong Kong

Maxim's and Cafe De Coral have been the 2 big competitors in the fast food market. Both are good to me, but as now the Chinese sun dried sausage/duck...etc. are in the season, I prefer trying these by Maxim's as Maxim's are good at sun dried sausage.

1. Once in every few months, it should be ok and I really like various kinds of dried sausage/duck and this one has all the major 4 of these, from top to bottom, 臘鴨, 臘腸, 潤腸 & 臘肉. All are good and at just HK$31 plus a soda, you can get a bite of all these instead of buying 1 catty of each, at least making me feel less burden. 2. Each seat has a TV keeping you updated or chasing TV series. Quite thoughtful.

3. the menu board, from mini hot pot, stir fried dish, steamed fish, BBQ food, steak to various combo... lots of choices. 4. the shop entrance.

7 comments:

Thailand Club said...

every seat with a lcd tv? that's not normal as fast food shop tends to let us eat fast and go (away) fast so they can get the highest turnover a day

so doing business is really difficult in hk, even fast food chain is not easy to keep their customers unless they provide hi-so service while asking for just fast food price!

Anonymous said...

this is good for people to not forget watching tv when they are eating. people are very busy and do many things in one time.

Stella said...

I think this fast food place fits my life style. I like watching TV while eating as it is efficient and they don't conflict.
I like the "Lap Mei" Hot Pot Rice a lot. Almost eat once a week. This pot is around $7 US here.
Yes, it is good to have a soda with this to balance as this kind of hot pot rice is kind of "hot air" too.
Your board menu here really make my mouth watery. The price is very reasonable.

in the sea said...

Mmmh... the cleaning maids are very busy. When they see you finish, they will clean the table right away as a signal "please give seat to the others.". So in this situation, you should slow down your meal course if you wanna finish an episode. I think later on they would put some Osim massage chairs to make it even more competitive.

Stella said...

We heard about Maxim a lot in LA. Its moon cake is very expensive here.
I remember Maxim once was the official food provider for the US- run Airline called "PanAm"(before your time Mr. SEA).

in the sea said...

I know PanAm and I still remember I watched those PanAm jets flying over me when I used to visit my high school friends in Lei Yue Mun. Flying on a jet was something really like a dream then.

Maxim's moon cake is one of the best though I don't like moon cake.

Stella said...

I don't like moon cake too as they are too sweet. So I only had 4 boxes.