Thursday, December 24, 2009

Yah Chung noodle soup 阿宗麵線, Si Men Ting, Taipei, Taiwan

The first time I was brought to this shop, it was a very small shop many many years ago. At that time, my prejudice drove me not to try it as the noodle soup looks very thick and the noodle a bit too mashy. Later on every time I passed by it, I just had a look but still didn't feel like trying it due to my prejudice. So tonight I just told myself to try it regardless of what it is.
1. The shop is all the time on a long queue but tonight it was a bit shorter (maybe people tended to go for something western on Christmas's Eve). So I took my Christmas eve dinner on something alternate.

2. OK. I paid TWD40 (US$1.3) for a bowl and add some vinegar, raw garlic and their house made chilli. I had my first bite for all these regretful years. Yes, regretful for I got on my prejudice, regretful for I was not patient enough and regretful for being too late... It was awesome! Very impressive! The chef first pan fried the Sa Cha paste 沙茶醬 and mix a nice soup with Taiwan's local unique soy paste 醬油膏. A superb aroma and balance of these 2 major ingredients. The only thing I can complain is that the pig's intestine is a bit too chewy. Should have been shimmered a bit. Anyway, the intestine has been cleaned very well. That made up for my complaint. A must try!

2 comments:

Thailand Club said...

the needle-noodle is uniquely Taiwanese, taste good gar, but did u feel some lard in ur mouth after all?

in the sea said...

Yes, it's from the intestine too and they used some very fat intestine. Animal fat is the thing making it tasty. However, the shop made the soup very nice.