Monday, December 21, 2009

Myeong Dong BBQ House, Seoul, South Korea

Korean BBQ sounds like a must each time when I visit Seoul. So I got brought to this busy place in Myeong Dong since I chose to stay at this area.

1. chilled tofu - pretty smooth. 2. Korean pan cake.

3. Kimchi. 4. bean paste.

5. corn salad. 6. pickled onion.

7. the setting. 8. the veggie wrapping the BBQ meat.

9. Charcoal grilling. My favourite way for grilling. 10. Ordered a siloin at US$35 - very nice!

11. Then another order of Spare ribs and upper pork loin at US$18 and US$20. 12. the ventilation system.
13. Took this photo when it's not too crowded. 14. the shop entrance.
15. Almost got a bar of chocolate for my dessert back at the hotel room but I stopped it as I saw most of the chocolate's expiry dates are in either January and February.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

u made me feel like going to Arirang after seeing these pics

in the sea said...

Every time when I tried all these Korean dishes, I did think about Arirang in terms of quality and price, and even Kitaro. See the sirloion here is US$35-40, but US$10-15 from Arirang and Kitaro. :)

Anonymous said...

it's really expensive, may be higher than HK.

Stella said...

Arirang is the best in terms of good food and good price.
Thank you SEA for recommending this restaurant.
Thank you TC for bringing us there.
Poor Leonidas, it must not be popular enough in Korea.

in the sea said...

Welcome. I think BKK is still the best for foreign cuisine in terms of price and quality. :)

pixmation said...

There is a same chocolate shop here in Old Town Pasadena as well.

in the sea said...

Leonidas is so good at making chocolate - so devil... :)