Friday, December 25, 2009

Ren Ai Circle 仁愛圓環


1/2. This place has been my most frequently visited place as I used to go to the Jiu Lu九如湯圓 for the mini rice dumpling in osmanthus broken rice wine sauce, and the below 2 restaurants.

3. was so happy and surprised to see this shop be back, King Join 京兆尹. The shop was once in financial debt and closed since 2001. It was one of my listed "must go" restaurant in the old days. The shop served some very nice royal dessert in the late Ching Dynasty. The descendants of the royal chef for the dessert part from Ching Empire fled to Taipei and ran this shop. Will report that later. 4. 驥園砂碢雞湯 Che Yuen chicken soup - a must try but the soup is in a big portion and you can't order a smaller portion or half order. So at least you should come here with 6-8 people. The soup is a bit expensive at TWD1,800 to 2,000 (USD60-70) but it's much worth it. The soup was boiled for over 24 hours with some baby pig knuckles, lotus seeds, golden ham...etc. I used to go to this shop with my local friends but now can't get all of them together. Then the other time I brought my sisters to this shop but then took away half left over back to HK (at the pre-Ladin time that we could still carry liquid on board). My sisters still talk about this shop.

2 comments:

Stella said...

Taiwan is still very Taiwan look after 30 years.

in the sea said...

There are many buildings still the same over the years.