Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cliff in my house & family treasure

This classic Chinese wooden cutting board had been the latest one with me. It has retired about 12 years ago when I got the so-called "anti-bacteria" plastic cutting board. All I can tell you, no matter what xxx, nami, anti-bacteria material cutting board, wooden board is still the best. It goes well with sliding, chopping, cutting, crushing force. The key point to keep a good wooden board is to boil it in the wok with hot water for a few minutes so that the dirt inside the wood would come out. Do this boiling every month or every few months (depending on the seasonal warmth and humidity). No need to have anything fancy to clean it since wood is the most natural thing.


4 comments:

Mickey Mouse said...

the pic really made me think where the cliff it is! good photo!

in the sea said...

Lots of stuff yet to be discovered in our apt. That's why I got a macro lens. :)

Stella said...

Very "Kao Ching" cutting board on the first photo.

in the sea said...

I need to find another mini world to capture. So much fun with this macro lens. :)