Saturday, January 08, 2011

玉藤 pork chop shop, ESTA, Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan

This shop was first opened in the 28th year of 昭和, i.e. 1926 + 28 = 1954. The shop has 3 big woks with different oil - one for seafood, one for chicken and one for pork. Very detailed and only a shop can afford doing so. We can't do that at home. After I made the nice freshly ground sesame sauce, I found out eating the pork chop in plain with little mustard would be better to taste the original flavour of this nice pork chop. What's more, the shop offers 3 different types of rice - plain steamed rice, sesame seaweed rice and the carrot/lotus stem rice. I took the last one and it's so good. Think I'll try to do this one at home.








2 comments:

Stella said...

Japanese style fryed pork chop is one of my favorites, and I like the sauce that goes with it.

Mickey Mouse said...

i love REAL J pork cutlet set, those in BKK, shi, forget them :(