Sunday, January 09, 2011

Les Suites Taipei 台北商旅, Taiwan

Lately I have been going back to stage 1 in not only BKK but also Taipei. This hotel used to be my favourite hotel in the mid. 90's. It's also the first time I tried their espresso maker in the lobby and fell in love with freshly made coffee. This hotel later on expanded and have one more outlet near Brother hotel on Nan Jiang and Fu Xing rd. However, I chose to stay at this old one at Dai An Road. Interesting the reception still had my old record though I haven't stayed here over 13 years. One thing needs to be mentioned. They have a cell. phone in the room for guests to take out. If someone calls you at the room and no one picks up in 5 times of ringing, the call will be auto-diverted to that cell. phone provided.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cell phone service is very unique.
The white bed sheet has the Taiwan hotel feel.

SS

pixmation said...

The cell phone service is great to international business people.

I remember you used to not drink anything with caffeine.

in the sea said...

Correct but this hotel Les Suites Taipei has started the change for me. I recall at that time, I couldn't sleep well at night time even it's breakfast time I drank coffee. On and off I drank coffee every other few weeks. Then a few years ago, I started to drink coffee every morning. At that time it was a small cup (about 200ml). Right now, I make my fresh coffee every morning and it's 500ml. Furthermore, I couldn't sleep well if I drank coffee before noon. This deadline was moved to 3pm and now 6pm and even 8pm.

Mickey Mouse said...

har then u soon hv to drink coffee before bedtime, working as sleeping pills!!

Stella said...

Wow that means SEA has overcome the caffeine already so he can soon drink coffee at bed time.

in the sea said...

Not sure but lately on the plane, I fell asleep after taking the coffee from the meals.

I think I need to thank my Chinese doctor and Western doctor. Almost 20 years ago, my Western doctor told me to eat more beef and impossible for me to be a vegetarian. I didn't take that seriously. Until my Chinese herbal doctor told me (about 8 years ago), he told me about the so-called "hot air" from eating beef, hot pot...etc. Beef is not "hot" in nature, but in many Chinese cookings, some star anise and herbs are quite hot that makes the beef hot. Then hot pot is not "hot". Just people eat them right away from taking out from the hot soup, the food burned the throat and makes sore throat. He however means lean beef, as beef is with some fat usually. He claimed if my stomach is too cold, I kept on those "cool" stuff, it would further upset my stomach and makes it sensitive. So it's all about "blood & air 血氣" in the body. Those are vital to our organs like stomach. If our stomach isn't good, our intestines wouldn't either and so on like a cycle. So besides eating more healthy, we need to exercise too.

Stella said...

You are very right Dr. SEA.
The "Ying and Yang", "hot and cold" in Chinese diet has to be in balance.

But hard to believe you have a "cold stomach" like I do too.