Saturday, January 08, 2011

A seafood restaurant, Food Walk, APIA, JR Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan

In general, Sapporo has preserved some parts of what I have seen in Tokyo (but those were gone in Tokyo). Those gone are "warm and friendly smile", "polite", "self-discipline", considerate....etc. I was asked why I went to Sapporo as I didn't look like a "cold" person. It's not about the weather. Before BKK, Tokyo was my most favourite place. However, Tokyo has become westernized a bit too much. Didn't know when, but I went to Tokyo much less than I did in early 90's. Sapporo reminded me of something of the then Tokyo. Still some of the shops don't have English name like this one. This shop was so crowded every time I passed by it. So I decided to visit it in a late evening.
1. the menu recommended various seafood choices.
2. I ordered a Hokkaido hairy crab meat with rice in hot stone bowl. The waitress came to stir the rice and crab meat with a fresh egg. Why she put the rice on the round side. It's to absorb the heat of the stone bowl. The chef didn't put any seasoning at all. The natural sweet flavour of the hairy crab with the fresh egg makes this rice so good.
3/4. A set of salmon roe and salmon don. Very fresh salmon and the sushi rice is good. Almost every shop I have visited makes good rice here in Hokkaido.
5. Seafood soba salad. Nice dressing. I like it be served in very chill.
6. the shop entrance.






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought that Japanese are polite as they like to bow and bow.

pixmation said...

The salmon don looks so good. :)

Mickey Mouse said...

this one a little like Torajiro in Bangkok ..

Stella said...

I like Torajiro a lot.

in the sea said...

But this one is certainly more expensive than Torajiro. I miss Torajiro.