Sunday, January 23, 2011

Digitize your favourite thing

As I have been seeing some of my favourite things getting oxidized, I decide to take photos of them for my future memory of them. I spent almost an hour for taking this photo. First, clean the door behind and the black glass table, clean the boots a bit and put some paper/plastic inside the boots to make it stand firm. Then think of how to pose the boots. Finally, it's the lighting. I put the stand in the middle of the doorway to my bedroom, with the left and right door closed so as to make it a u-shape shelter. So I head up the speedlite towards the doorway ceiling to have a reverse u-shape bouncing effect. Though it took an hour to figure all those out, it was fun to work on this project. Also, finally I could figure out more on the 90% view frame of 550D - what is taken is larger than what is seen. I still don't prefer cropping somehow.

7 comments:

Mickey Mouse said...

is this ur Saturday Night Fever's boots? :-)

in the sea said...

No, I wear it for work, dinners and meetings too. I have some other boots to go and sometimes I wear boots at home for my personal DJing. :) My father once asked me why I wear leather shoes at home. My answer to him is that I need to make the leather a bit soft before wearing it for outside so as to avoid sore feet.

pixmation said...

It does look like a cliff!

pixmation said...

Very nice that the U shape provides a omni wrap around bounce of the light.

in the sea said...

Thanks. If I am going to move, I need to consider a door way for 3 doors on each side as a u-shape. :)

pixmation said...

You should also take a close up of the shoes' material texture and stitches.

in the sea said...

I tried a bit but found out I needed to have a thourough cleaning and polishing first. I wasn't satisfied with my other trying on my sunglasses. No matter how hard I tried cleaning it, still some noticeable dust on it. This pair of boots were bought in 1997. Remember there was a time, you and Elaine got a bit annoyed with someone walking so loud in the corridor of your office floor. This is it. :)