Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Ramen Republic, Sapporo JR station, Hokkaido, Japan

Like most other Japan main train stations, there are a no. of big shopping malls surrounding the station. In Hokkaido, how can I miss their renowned Hokkaido ramen. Ramen Republic is a place with 10 to 12 famous ramen shops gathering. Almost every shop has lines.
1. Peppered butter (I should say it's buttered pepper). This tiny bit is already good for a big bowl of soup.
2. See the line outside.
3. Various seasoning and the table setting is very local.
4. I ordered one Miso ramen, JPY800 (appro. US$13). Thanks to the US currency kept quantitative (I really like this term as to beautify the surface), eating in Japan is no longer cheap for people using US currency or US pegged currency (i.e. HKD). It used to be just US$7. :(
5. Soy sauce ramen. Both are good but a bit salty to me now since I got to eat less salty. However, the Japanese culture of eating ramen is to get one more in the bowl you just finished the noodle with plain soup left; so the soup should be a bit stronger in flavour in order to keep the second order still in a nice flavour.
6-7. Other shops.
8. The Entrance.
9-10. On the same floor, there are other restaurants.
*Again, I really like the Lightroom3 since this place is either in strong light and dim area. The contrast adjustment is much better than other photo fixing software which usually just "whiten" up the whole photos leaving the dark area a bit too grey instead.








2 comments:

pixmation said...

Now I need to go to have ramen tonight, LOL.

The color correction and tone adjustment tools are very powerful in those professional software like Lightroom, Aperture and Photoshop. If the original is RAW format, you can easily adjust photos up to +/- 2 stops of exposure without too much problem. JPEG normal limits to less than one F stop depending on the content.

in the sea said...

At first, I wondered why some programs like Aperture are so popular even at US$3-400, while there are some photo freeware (like I am using iPhoto). Before the trip, I bought another external hard disk, and will try the raw photos. There are many photos taken on the trip; so I couldn't take the raw size photos much. :)