Wednesday, January 05, 2011

dinner buffet, Lake Toya Manseikaku, Hokkaido, Japan

This hot spring offers a half board (breakfast plus dinner) stay. The dinner variety is pretty nice though some of the food may be strange to me, such as frozen lychee. In general, it's still better than I expected.
1. See the frozen lychee, but it's very welcome to the Japanese.
2. the veggie is pretty fresh.
3. Sashimi is pretty nice and the shrimp is at average.
4. can't expect much from the hot food at buffet.
5. this is somewhat surprising to me. Grilled minute steak. I see the evenly fat on the steak. I know it should be very soft. Yes, it is. I took 3 cut of it.
6. curry rice at average.
7. the dessert is at average too. The tangerine is pretty sweet though.
8. milk ice cream. In Hokkaido, how can we miss the local dairy product.
9-12. the cafe. I noticed the kids are pretty self-discipline. When they were putting on their jackets, their parents told them not to wear that in the seat as it would affect the others. I saw a girl dropping some ice cream on the floor. She used some tissue to wipe it without anyone telling her. Well, some may say "this is the job of the waiters/waitresses.". Yes, we can think that way, but the important point is that the kid should be taught about responsibility regardless of asking for "services".










1 comment:

Stella said...

Frozen Lychee is also popular in LA since not easy to get the fresh Lychee.