Sunday, June 15, 2008

Bo Lo ("Pineapple" shape) bun, by Hoixe Cake Shop, Hong Kong

Ok, dropped this shop.  I often passed by this devil bun.  I like it and hat it very much.  The first bite in it will keep you biting it like you are a shark.  Why I hate it because it's a bit too greasy for me as it's made of a lot of sugar and butter for the coating cover on the top.  However, today I just felt like having one, especially after my home work-out.  Hoixe has become my and probably every other's favourite cake and bread shop.  The first shop was probably open in Shaukeiwan around 20 years ago where I grew up.  Later on, it has been so successful and has been expanding to more than 50 shops in Hong Kong - quite threatening to Maxim's cake shops.  Oh, for those old "Hong Kong" people, don't you want to have one slice iced cold butter inside of it?

4 comments:

Stella said...

Pineapple bun is also my favorite kind of bread that I like and hate.
I like it and just one bite and then I keep eating.
But I also hate it as it is messy to eat this bun with the crumbs all over. Also too greasy.

in the sea said...

Yes, crumbs is the word I was hardly thinking of when I wrote about the dessert of Anna's Cafe - Apricot bread crumble! Well, normally I will eat that bun inside the paper bag; so later on I will eat the crumbs left in the bag.

Stella said...

Hi Sea,
What a smart and neat way to eat these crumbly bun/bread in a bag so that we can eat those residual crumbs inside the bag later. Will try next time.
I usually only eat the "Bo Lo Bow" with a big paper napkin.
Also, I never eat this at home.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I like this one with butter inside and a hot milk tea!