Monday, June 09, 2008

Cheng Du, Sichuan, China

After the big quake in Sichuan on 12th May, 2008, I searched in my photo library and had a browse.  Found out a photo of the kids running in the street in Cheng Du (I was there in March, 2007).  The looked so happy and reminded me of my primary school time.  Leaving the class was so good from not seeing the solemn faces of my serious teachers (now kind of missing them, haha).  I hope these kids are doing fine.  No matter what, seeing the whole China getting so united from this big natural disaster is really encouraging from another perspective.  Forget about the critics about China.  At least we could see some warm people on the TV screen - the rescuers, the civilians, the kids, the medical teams and the media!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are quite sentimental I guess. You don't seem like you are from Hong Kong. I met many Hong Kong people, most of them are quite realistic or in another good word "practical". This blog is quite interesting. Sometimes about restaurant and some about your cooking. Then some revelations on your life view. Just like look at someone's diary.

in the sea said...

Not sure if I am sentimental.

I think for most modern cities, when people walk fast and talk fast under high speed working attitude, those people will become more realistic. Let's say in a quiet town, the people won't see the others much; so whenever they run into someone in the street, they would say "Hello", greet each other or even chat about the weather...etc. If you have this manner in a fast speed city, how can you keep up with the pace if you say "hello" to all the people you meet in the street. So I can say it's just a natural evolvement of life in a modern city.