Monday, June 09, 2008

Hanoi, Vietnam

Hanoi, a city surrounded by many big and small lakes. As I was born in a city of water and my grand parents used to live on the boat, I am kind of attached to water. So I felt so calm and peaceful during the 4 day visit in Hanoi in May 2007. You will see from the lake - no wind at all; so I captured this moment of still and the reflection of the nice houses along the lake. The ancient name of Hanoi is Thang Loong (means "Flying Dragon" - Loong sounds like "Dragon" in Cantonese; in fact Hanoi is just next to the Western part of Canton and I noted that there are lots of Chinese character and culture in Hanoi. Thang Loong is the name of the Vietnamese restaurant on Lang Suan, Bangkok, which I liked the most 12 years ago. At that time I already got curious about what Thang Loong meant. I was so happy with such an unexpected answer when I visited Hanoi. The answer is already up in my eyes in the map of World but just I didn't find it out.

5 comments:

Stella said...

What a nice and tranquil picture of Hanoi here. The reflection of the houses is so clear.
I would like to try this "Flying Dragon" restaurant at Lang Suan next time(if you think it is still worth to go).

in the sea said...

mmh, recently I have found out a number of restaurants' quality standard a bit fluctuating.

Stella said...

Hi Sea,
I think your comment here was after my comment, but how come the timing you wrote is before mine?

in the sea said...

That's the HK time and should be 15 or 16 hours ahead of LA.

Stella said...

I got it. Thanks.