Friday, October 02, 2009

Hot Dog, HK adaptation

Hot Dog often gets related to New York City in my mind. When I first visited New York City, the first thing I tried was the hot dog from a street side stall. However, I was a bit disappointed. The bread bun was too wet and the sausage too soft and mashed. So I realised I was spoiled by the HK style hot dog as the local style tea restaurant would toast the open face of the bread, put some lettuce slices and tomato with mustard and tomato sauce. The sausage would have some slight cut and then pan fried. So the crusty bread, aromatic sausage, juicy tomato/lettuce and sweet/sour/spicy tastes all blended together. Do you feel hungry?

2 comments:

Stella said...

Dog day on October 2.
I like hot dog a lot, especially with relish and mustard. However, hot dog is one major food to cause cancer(because of the preserved salty meat).

in the sea said...

Correct. I often told the others not to eat processed food like sausage, ham or any types of meat balls. However, once in a few months.