Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Aleenta Part 6 - our menu

During our 4D/3N stay, we tried various dishes of the house restaurant of Aleenta. As compared to Aleenta Hua Hin, this one is a whole lot better. The prices are not that high with a stir-fried morning glory at just THB90 to a whole seabass at THB490. In average the main course is at around THB300 to 450.
1. Roti with shred chicken with orange salsa - quite nice.
2. Pad Thai - the tamarind taste is quite strong and original though I prefer less tamarind taste.
3. Simple piza with cheeze and tomato sauce - see the plain green salad. That reminded me of my first Italian salad brought by my Italian business client in Italy. I was given a big bowl of green and that's it. I was simply told to put some olive oil and vinegar when I was about to ask for "thous.....". :) When the dish was put on the table, I asked Nicole's mother the tomato should be chilled. It turned out my guess is right. Do you know why I can tell it's chill from the look?
4. Mixed mushroom with beef filet with steamed rice. Another nice dish and they use some nice oyster sauce.
5. Fried chicken nuggets - the kids' favourite. The deep fried food is quite nice and dry crispy enough.
6. My order - Beef burger. I prefer it to be with more pickled than a bed of cheeze.
7. Vietnamese spring roll
8. Steam bun before the dinner - it's not that good as compared to those Shanghai/Beijing restaurants but it would be something nice to the tourists from the West.
9. fruit salad in lemon grass dressing before the meal.
10. soup noodle - for the kids and those who prefer something not that authentic.
11. Stir fried morning glory - it's a must for me at the dinner time but then we found out the kids got a bit strangled with their fingers and toes when they swam on the next day. Then we stopped ordering this one for the kids. Mmmh... My grand mom is right again - she often told morning glory is called "muscle-strangling veggie"(抽筋菜).
12. Fish Soup - another nice soup in Southern French style.
13. Soup noodle but they delivered the wrong one. I asked for the Sen Mie but then they gave me egg noodle.
14. Stir fried mixed mushroom.
15. Fried Rice with Chicken - Nicole's father had this one 3 days in a row. So you know how good it is.
16. The breakfast at Aleenta is quite delightful though those little decorative food might not be that tasty.
17. I ordered a spicy crispy egg and it's not that spicy but I kind of like it. At least something different.
18. Another fusion food - 100 year egg but we found out it's not that fusion and the taste is not that strong like we expected.

19. Deep fried sweet water fish with pepper corn sauce - a very nice one.
20. Tom Yam Krung - it's not spicy enough but the taste is quite ok.
21. This is something really exciting me - Black Duck. You know what they put - it's the renowned Cantonese sweet black vinegar plus dark soy sauce with cane sugar (八珍甜醋). The sauce is a bit very strong due to the strong aroma of Cantonese black sweet vinegar. I really don't know how they made it as my sister told me to try and later on I ordered one for my own, so for Mr. Trainer and his bro. The lady in the restaurant recognised me that I stayed there half year ago. She told me they changed quite many dishes on the menu and made it more diverse.
22. Another delightful food - sweet potato paste - yes, it's yam! However, it's not that appreciated by the others though I took half of it.
23. Another interesting dish - seaweed egg roll in Japanese vinegar with Chinese fish ball slices in the middle and Chinese picked ginger. Such a wake-up food in the morning.
24. OK, this one is not from Aleenta. It's made by me. When I asked my sis and Trainer's family to get me the mini-packs of the salt, pepper, butter and sugar from the EK/TG inflight meals, they w0uldn't realise why I asked for such until I made this one. :) I bought some ham/sausage, Japanese Shitake mushroom, corn and stir fried all of them with butter to brown the ham first and mushroom. Later on, put some salt, sugar in it. So we took it together with our instant noodle for the 3-4pm meal from our water battle break.
25. the nuts before our tea break at the beachfront bar.
26. club sandwiches... quite nice.
27. Pad Si Er with Prawn - quite beyond my expectation. Good.
28. Pad Si Er with chicken.
29. We ordered the breakfast delivered to our dining room. So cozy.
30. See how nice those trays are and lots of interesting food.
31. Omelette with Canadian bacon and mushroom. 32. the tray.

5 comments:

Paranoid Android said...

Wow. What a lavish spread. Most of the time, I find the food in hotels rather uncompelling. But the food at Aleenta looks gorgeous.

in the sea said...

Thanks Android. Aleenta is situated at Latai beach and the closet town is Koh Kloy - very local and not recommended to tourists. So for those who want to try other local restaurants, they need to have rent a car or have a local transport to go to Phuket town or Patong. Time and money-wise, it's not justified. So I think Aleenta senses this and tries to make their restaurant more promising to their guests; otherwise the room guests would feel bored or complain about being put in a no-where land without nice food. So this is something detailed the resort should look at.

Stella said...

The food looks good here, especially my favorite, the Club sandwich.
In fact, 95% of the restaurants I tried in BKK hotels are gorgeous and worth the price.

Anonymous said...

I can't say anything for the last 4 photos. Super good breakfast!

in the sea said...

The food at Aleenta might not be the best but at least it has quite some varieties to cater for each client's taste.