Saturday, September 19, 2009

Spice Market, Prince Hotel, Harbour City, Tsimshatsui, Hong Kong

The last time I visited Spice Market was more than 10 years ago. Spice Market was one of the few restaurants offering buffet when the buffet culture started in Hong Kong. At that time, Spice Market offered buffet for cuisine focused on SE Asian food and that's how it's called Spice Market. The food is average but it is one of the old time memory of us.

1. Arriving at around 6:30pm and the skyline was very warm and drunk. The cruise was about to set sail for a weekend cruise. 2. The salad dressing is pretty good and I further squeeze some lemon juice in it to make it more zesty.

3. cold soba - the soba sauce is good and making it nice too. 4. mini hot pot - but I didn't take it as I prefer something cold.

5/6. seafood set for the hot pot.

7. The restaurant has a coffee maker offering fresh ground coffee. 8. Don't know why I felt like eating crab tonight. Again lemon juice is good to go with cold seafood.

9. ok - peking duck and it seems to be very popular. 10. Can't help taking ice cream in the course of the meal - it's Hagen Daz's and they offered eight flavours.

11. hot food - noted that they made saffron rice and it seems it's not noted by the others. It's pretty good though. 12. more food on re-trying.

13. I took 3 bread and even took one to go with my ice cream. Remember in the old time we had ice cream in bread? I can still find this one in Singapore. 14. more dessert but not very nice. The beancurd sheet sweet is so so. the warm choco is too sweet and the Goji berry jello is much too sweet.

15. my nieces made this creative waffle tower. 16. the salad station.

17. cold seafood station. 18. sushi station.

19. drink station. 20. dessert array.
21. ice cream station.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

seems this week u r very much into buffet dinner lor

TC

Stella said...

So you have to take the cruise to go to this restaurant? Or this restaurant is in a boat?
How much is the buffet?

Paranoid Android said...

Such memories of the Spice Market. It was THE place to dine when I was in HK long time ago!

in the sea said...

Mmh.. just in coincidence I went for buffet and actually it's good for everyone each each one can take their preferred food and refrain from eating certain food they don't like.

SS, I didn't go on the cruise and Spice Market is on Tsimshatsui Harbour City Prince Hotel. Do you remember Star House and Ocean Terminal? Harbour City is just north of these 2 places.

Android, nice to hear you back. I'm now in KL and maybe try the restaurant you mention in Pavillion and the other one off Jalan Imbi (or Bukit Bintang).

:)

Stella said...

Oh I see. I do remember Sing Kwong Hong and Ocean Terminal. But I don't remember Prince Hotel at all.

in the sea said...

Prince Hotel might be built at around the early 80's. Then in the mid 80's, the China HK City which has the ferry service to China.

Stella said...

Thank you SEA.
No wonder I don't recall Prince Hotel as I left HK in 1976.

in the sea said...

Mmh... 1976 - that's about the turning point for HK from manufacturing to gold/financial busines.