Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sweet sweet Mid-Autumn Festival

For those who have been to my apt., they often wonder why I have 2 fridges (and my apt. is not that big). My answer to them - one is for storage for meat/egg/veggie and some "smell" stuff. The other fridge is to store soft drinks and fresh fruits and sweets. No matter how good the big fridge is said to be with this or that function, I still prefer to separate "smell" stuff from the others, not even mention about the so-called "inter-infectious" gems from raw food to cooked food...etc.

So this Fall, my fridge has been stuffed with various sweets in addition to my mini-7/11 drink variety. Thanks so much for my friends who have been so thoughtful. The stock can last for a year at least... :)

1/2. Moon cake by my most favourite hotel Mandarin Oriental Bangkok (China House). After I took this photo, I took one immediately. I am a bit surprised that they did it with some "smooth" texture (油水). Most moon cakes I found outside of HK are generally quite dry due to the process of stir and mix. Why moon cake is that expensive is on how the Chef stir and mix the lotus seed paste. The chef needs to add the oil in it little by little and stir and mix it for a long time to make it silky smooth.

3/4. My friend in Taipei sent over this nice gift to me for the Mid-Autumn Festival. I can say she is very warm-hearted (In Mandarin, we call it 窩心). She even mix it half and half with the Green bean pastry and pineapple pie - so thoughtful. It's very nice. :)

5/6. these choco. travelled more than 10,000 miles. Carrying them is not easy and I was so surprised to see these "small" giftssss.... The photos shown above is just only 1/10th of the "small" giftsss.
7. the Leonidas chocolate is awesome!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it has to be good since it is by the MO China House

:)

Stella said...

Hi SEA,
What a nice sweet show here. My Thai friend told me the moon cake from MO's China House is very good. Also the Peninsula's.
Those Godiva and Leonidas look familiar. At first I thought your friend had the same taste like I do. But later I noticed they are those two-month old antiques.:)

in the sea said...

I am so thankful for all my friends being so thoughtful and warm hearted. Those are really something.