Wednesday, September 16, 2009

No. 1 Dessert Shop (一品齋甜品店), Causeway Bay, Hong Kong

Watched the "eating local" TV episode of Suzie Wong last night; so then I was driven to try this one behind the St. Paul Co-ed college in Causeway Bay. Actually I doubted why Suzie Wong introduce another shop selling curry squid but I tried that one too but that one's curry is so so.

1. If we judge how good the herbal jelly, it would depend on each person's preference. For me, the best is the one by Grey Hound, Piggy Head noodle soup and the one in Chaktujak. To me, this herbal jelly should be served chilled. If it's at room temperature, then it's quite unpleasant. Besides, it's super sweet. Even my friend who can eat sweeter, he also found it much too sweet. BTW, when I almost finished it, I found a complimentary hair in it. 2. beancurd sheet with ginklo - this one is almost without any aroma or beancurd sheet. Even the first time I made this one at nine is much better. Very disappointing, but the good thing is that they did make the ginklo well by taking out the bitter thing inside. The one made by Tsui Yuen in North Point or any Moon Kee's outlet is much better.
3. the shop outside. I noticed sometime why some shops become famous because of its location. Those stars often prefer going to some shops quieter. So if you can eat at a better undisturbed atmosphere, then the food would taste better.

No comments: