Thursday, September 10, 2009

Eating in Ubud City, Bali, Indonesia

1. Indonesian chicken soup - kind of like it and it's quite Chinese style actually and the chicken is awesome - real chicken taste. 2. Nasi Goreng - my favourite Indonesian fried rice. The satay is charcolaed grilled!

3. Ham/Bacon pizza - lots of foreigners are in Bali and trying western food is also recommended. This one is not bad and wood fire baked. 4. Grilled chicken thigh with salad.

5. Gado Gado - it's quite a nice veggie combination with more than 5 colors and Indonesian already know the 5 color veggie goodies. 6. Iced Java tea - very strong tea leaves!

7. Iced mint water - just mint and water and very cool for the meal. 8. the restaurant is kind of stylish.

7. passed by a dessert shop and tried this drink - strawberry shake. 8. Avocado Choco soya shake - but I don't like it as the soy milk isn't that nice.

9. Apple crumble. 10. blue berry cheese cake - the cake itself is ok.

4 comments:

Stella said...

No "Jan-do" drink yet huh(the green jello type of Indonesian coconut milk drink we had at "Gray Hound").

in the sea said...

SS, actually even when I was brought to local Indonesian restaurants, I couldn't find much about Jan Do. As I am not into it, I didn't ask my local business friends why there is no Jan Do. In fact, I noticed they take fresh fruit after the meal rather than taking the coconut or other sweet.

Stella said...

Oh I see.
Just like no Yang Chow Fried Rice in Yang Chow or no S'pore Fried Rice Noodle in S'pore la.

in the sea said...

Yes, maybe it's like that.