Monday, September 21, 2009

Studio, Junior Suite, Deluxe Stuite, Hotel Maya, Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Stayed at Hotel Maya quite many times since 2005. First I tried their basic room - studio and it's already a good one to me. Either side of the hotel has great view - one side to Twin Towers and the other to KL Tower. These are the 2 significant landmarks of KL. The below photos were taken on my first stay back in 2005 from studio, Junior Suite to Deluxe Suite of this time of my stay in Sept. 09.

1. from this one onwards Studio - my business fellow told me they really like that pink resting chair is like those for the psycho therapy treatment. 2. the bath room glass lets you view to the room and the city skyline.

3. the business area. 4. the sink.

5. the bath tub. 6. view from the bath room to the bed room and city.

7. Junio Suite onwards - this one is a bit chic. 8. there is a living room in this Junior Suite and it's about 70% more space than the Studio.

9. the working area and TV station. 10. Again it's with a window glass between the bath room and bed room.
9
11. ok now this time I took the good deal offered by Asiatravel for a pay 2 stay 3 plus a guaranteed upgrade to Deluxe Suite. At average, it's about RM310 for one night net incl. breakfast. This suite is even bigger than Junior Suite and it's double the size of Studio. At HK$700, you can have such a nice spacious room. 12. the bath room.

13. the bath tub and the shower. 14 the sink.

15. it has one more sink in between the bath room and the dressing area/cabinet. 16. the extra big living room and working area and resting area.

17. another view to the living room and working area. 18. the hotel has complimentary ground coffee and various tea bags.

19. view from the resting area to the bed room. 20. complimentary coconut soft sweet.
21. the couch.

6 comments:

Thailand Club said...

hey did u say it is a hotel?

a hotel??

but the suite is so homey i think it is more like a home (away from home) instead of a pale or unnecessary fancy hotel like others

look at the bath towel, not those plain color one

look at the sofa, both arm r adjustable to hold ur drinks

no need to mention the PINK Chan-Wei-Lam therapy chair

no wonder Hotel Maya can capture ur loyalty :)

* however, pls tel the hotel that LCD tv r inexpensive now

Paranoid Android said...

Wow. Nice room. Have you tried their Chinese/Fusion restaurant? Still Waters. Weird concoction of Japanese inspired Chinese food!

Wished I could meet up with you, but I am back in my home village, celebrating Raya with my Ma-Lai-Chai Friends!

Next time you are coming, e-mail me k? The address is at the bottom of my blog.

My friends also like Chef Choi, very near your hotel. Fusion Chinese, and Ming House at Bangsar Village. I have not been to either one yet! Maybe I'll wait for you first! Ha ha...

in the sea said...

TC, you are very discerning in noticing the moveable arm holder. Yes, it's very thoughtful. The whole room is simple but very warm. That's why I have chosen Maya for years and their breakfast is pretty good. Actually the owner of Hotel Maya is one of my acquainted local business friends. About the TV, that's the thing I wondered since the hotel was renovated from an old one and opened in around 04 or 05. If they consider to have a coffee maker and they should consider the LCD TV too.

Android, thanks for the tips. I wanted to try Still Waters but they are closed for Hari Raya.

OK, have a good trip back home!

Anonymous said...

probably because of my business lor!

TC

Stella said...

Yes TC you are very observant; I cannot tell the movable arm holder. Will look again now to double check.
This hotel is very nice and warm and cozy. The cost is only $110 US for picture 11 is very cheap.

in the sea said...

Besides the arm holders, the TV set is like a transformer. You can pull out the TV stand and rotate it. Then you can pull the below up to cover the TV. You can pull the left part to make your drink station. So the working desk is also moveable, so are the cabinet mirror door.... BTW, I made a wrong calculation, the Asiatravel bargain deal is RM838 for 3 nights, which is RM280 (HK$600) each night. :)