Sunday, September 06, 2009

Bali Island, Indonesia, a blessed land, Ubud - tranquil and green

This time no more description. Photos can simply tell. Before my hectic business trip to Jakarta, I made this nice stop in Bali. Bali has meant so much to me - Dec. 1989 was my first trip out of Hong Kong and I loved Bali so much. When I got back to HK, I didn't even recognise the coins of Hong Kong (that further told how the theory of the movie "Somewhere in Time" is). I fell in the mood of Bali. Then in June 1997, I made another trip after I visited my Indonesian associate. This time no more Kuta beach - choose to stay in Ubud - an Arts and Crafts center of Bali. My local Indonesian business associates often told me Bali is their sacred land in Indonesia and well blessed by God - don't you notice almost no earthquake near Bali....


Chose to stay in this Furamaxlusive Lagoon Villa - very nice and it has a common pool of 70 m. long where you can also stay inside with your big private pool.





















8 comments:

Anonymous said...

just one word - very Bali, and it is the original of Balinese resorts

the room, simple but comfortably attractive; i like the red LCD tv set, it just stands out in the minimized room decor

glad that at least u choose a Bali retreat once; highly encourage u also indulge once in Maldives :)

TC

in the sea said...

Yes, very Bali. BTW, the weather season here is a bit opposite to Bangkok, KL...etc, as it's in the Southern Sphere. Also, one interesting about some physics in Southern Sphere - when you drain out the water of the basin, you would notice the swirl in in anti-clockwise; whereas in N. sphere, it's in clockwise. It's due to the magnetic field and the Earth rotation.

Maldives is on the agenda....:)

Anonymous said...

Wow another fancy hotel in Bali.
And what a informative physics class from the sink.
I am going to tell my Indonesian friends to read this.
Is Lippo Bank still in Bali or Indonesia?(I used to work for Lippo.)
SS

in the sea said...

Lippo Bank? Not sure but Lippo bldg. is still in HK. SS, thanks for reminding me of the proper term "sink". Actually the same sound is widely spoken in Cantonese as "sink" basin. Like Store in Cantonese as "Si Tor".

Stella said...

So Lippo Bldg still exist. I am not if Lippo Bank and HK Chinese Bank still exist though.
Is the Ubud photos here the same as Ubud Kayumanis from my previous comment? I think so as they look so high-end fancy and romantic.

Anonymous said...

Stella u may not know this; during the time u worked in Lippo Bank Southern California operation, i also worked in the Global Financial Services for a while, a private banking broker owned by the Lippo Group.

Mike

in the sea said...

There are even more high-end resorts like The Bale and Bvlgari resorts which I "may" try in future. However, I somehow prefer the resorts in Samui as I like Thai food more... :)

Stella said...

Har Mike,
So you and I once worked for the same owner and I did not even know huh. We will have a reunion with James Riady(owner of Lippo) in Oct.
Hi Sea,
Look forward to your Samui photos or others soon.