Monday, September 07, 2009

Ubud, Bali - part 2 - in the Spring water

We were told by the resort here that they use the mountain spring water for the pool and all the water outlet. At first, I thought it's just a gimick and didn't take that seriously. Until I took a shower, I found out my skin is supple and soft as I'm in my early 20's... haha... doesn't it sound like I am promoting this resort. I don't need to put on any face gel...etc. Actually, they should use Spring water as Bali is with a big volcano up on the north and there went the crater and as it's at 5,000 feet high and it got lots of rain (from the equator belt the rain is less acid as those turn to the more northern and southern area, due to the Earth's trade wind). The crater from that Volcano is now called Lake Batur and it's very big and sufficient enough for the whole island. So that's why Bali is called a sacred land. People use the water for the rice/plant fields and they have terrace rice fields due to the gradually slopping landscape. What a self-contained unspoiled land! Besides the Balinese people are very friendly as they treasure what they have - land, sun, water. That's the basic things we should treasure in daily life. If one is not contented, it's simply they have some unfulfilled eagerness and desires. Be simple and be letting go.... Remember MO BKK give that activity during your stay - that's life. We shouldn't go too sophisticated.



3/4. good about FT1 that I can take photos from some impossible angle on an non-weathered camera.
the pool is just 1 meter deep but it looks so deep due to the spring water having some color. When I turn the tap water, it has some light purple color. By the way, I had some very good sleep rest here - slept for 10 hours. So unusual with me as I can only sleep for 5-6 hours.

I like this photo as the water reflecting the blue sky and white cloud. See this water pool bar.



gates to the villa inside.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok expect u both come back 20 years younger :)

Anonymous said...

Yes Bali's high end resort has spring water, my Indonesian friend told me that before as that is one of the attractions of Bali Resort Hotel.
I was reading East Weekly last night and they happend to talk about Bali as follows:
1) Bali was nominated the best island this year by T&L magazine.
2) Get the "cat shit" coffee(Kopi Luwak)from the "Coffe Seduction" tour(62-8113851769)or
3) Alila Villas Uluwatu(opend in August), a go green enviornmentally responsible high end resort.
4) Ubud Hanging Gardens, a relaxing eating place hosted by Orient-Express Hotels. $40US per person for a nice picnic style romantic lunch in the forest with nice views.(Need to book at least one day in advance.)
5) Ubud Kayumanis' "Full Moon Dinner". Highly recommended romantic "moon tan" dinner in Bali. A must go. $180 US for 2.

Stella said...

Just to let you know after the phone number there was a "or" where I mentioned the website. But the blog told me to delete this otherwise they cannot post my comment.

in the sea said...

Bali has the vibrant busy side in Kuta town but Ubud is very tranquil and the people are very friendly here. I didn't go out much as the resort here is already a place for relaxation and letting my brain take a vacation. :)

I tried the "cat regenerated" coffee once in Vietnam but it's not that amazing to me.