Thursday, January 28, 2010

Astoux 1902, part 2, Cannes, France

After a 2 day resting of my stomach, I got to get more live oyster and came back to Astoux.

1. I was surprised that even for a 1 person portion, it's still that big (at least 80% big as compared to the 2 person portion. 2 person portion has 6 oysters but this one has 5!).

3. the oyster was even fresher than the first night I tried. 4. Big clam! Very fresh and sweet.

5. stuffed oysters. 6. I wouldn't expect it's that good. The juice inside is perfectly sweet, and the baking is just perfect to have the oyster's texture so crunchy.

7. grilled sea bream - quite average. I would have expected the fish to be a bit fresher, but that's ok. The oysters made that up. 8. Warm choco cake. Also very nice.... strong choco. aroma.
9. Coffee/choco ice cream.

6 comments:

Daphne said...

It's good to hear you are feeling better now. I love that baked oysters. Looks very yummy.

Thailand Club said...

so they r good at oysters, and only oysters, not seafood :) hahaha

in the sea said...

Thanks Daphne. My Paris told me to be careful with some seafood restaurants and even bread shops in Cannes as the local news reported some shops/restaurants keep some food for a long time. Especially when it's close to some trade fair season, some "almost expired or expired" stuff would be pulled out for the "water fish" tourists to consume. You know why. They recommended me to go to Supermarket to buy bread and food instead of going to restaurants. They further commented it's not like 2-3 years ago... Sad though.

Yes, TC, raw oysters can't cheat us. I think so far to all the places I have been to, only Japanese and Hong Kong people know how to keep seafood fresh, especially fish.

Stella said...

HK people(especially Cantonese) are experts of cooking and eating fresh/live fish.

pixmation said...

The oysters make my mouth water...

in the sea said...

Next time if we have time, we can go to Europe for a week or 2 week vacation. You can buy a round the world ticket and we fly back together to HK and there you go for your visit again. :)