Saturday, January 02, 2010

Kouryu Noodle Shop, Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan

I like this shop's branches in Hong Kong since their first establishment 7-8 years ago in Tsimshatsui, but somehow haven't tried this one in Shinjuku. So this time I gotta try it. It turned out it's a lot better than the one in HK - almost 30% better in terms of noodle and soup base.

1. This shop is just like the others in Shinjuku - very congested and you need to buy a ticket at the entrance. 2. Everything is about vending machine. So if you want an extra noodle, soup, egg, you just need to insert another coin in this mini-vending machine. Right to it is the water dispenser - so unique!

3. See each of the side order to accompany your noodle. 4. My noodle at JPY850 (US$10). Note the middle mini-red - it's the chili paste. I prefer a little hot. Everything is so nice and I took the soup all. Nothing left!

5. See how small the shop is. 6. We needed to climb up this narrow stairs.

4 comments:

Thailand Club said...

the soup is superb!

in the sea said...

Yes, this one is very nice but the one I like the most has been closed until 4th Jan. :)

Nikki said...

你幾多點去的,好少不用等位,還有一大排位等你坐?

in the sea said...

Hi Nikki, yes, I noticed there were often long lines. I went there at around 3-4pm. I eat in Tokyo like 10:30 to 11am, then 3pm, then 5-6pm, then 9pm, as the dept. stores close at 9pm.