Saturday, January 23, 2010

Fish's fins in white butter sauce, Chez Freddy, Nice, Southern France

When shark's fins have been claimed for brutal killing from certain respective to just eating the fins only, I was happy to find this big white fish's fins. When I asked what that was, the waiter pointed at the top fins of a sample fish on the display and claimed "a big white fish". So I got curious to get a try.
2/3. So you will see clearly the thick fins and the cartilage. Though the fin's texture is not like shark's fin, it is quite interesting to taste it. However, it is a bit smelly to me since the sauce is a white butter sauce. I need to put some pepper to take that out. By the way, this restaurant is supposed to be a seafood and Spanish restaurant which is good for paela.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like fish to me

Anonymous said...

Yes this looks like fish but I don't think so.

SEA won't be surprised to see fish in French dish. Also, he said this food is part of an "animal" so not the fish kind then.

Any hints to us SEA?

SS

Stella said...

Oh, fish fin huh. I will never guess this right as I don't expect to see any "fin" in France.