Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Big Apple from 青森縣 Aomori, Japan

Looked at this big big apple (almost 2 times bigger than the Washington apple I often eat). I wondered where to start my first bite. Normally I would start from head to toe. So when my teeth crushed on it, a stream of juice flew from my fingers, palm, down to my elbow and dropped on my pants. Yes, it's a stream of juice! I didn't exaggerate it. The next thing is the super sweet on my taste buds like a big pond of honey. Wow this should be the best apple I have ever tasted. The texture is very different - so crunchy not not hard to chew. Now I know why the Japanese curry I tried in Tokyo is so different from my trying on Japanese curry at home. At that time I was thinking what went wrong as I also used apple in the curry. Now I know what made the difference and know I should spend "some" money for making a nice Japanese curry. I should know why it's that expensive in those Japanese department stores in HK and still a lot of people buy it.