Saturday, January 02, 2010

King Tak Town porcelain 景德鎮, China

A friend of mine often travels to various provinces in Mainland China. He handles a lot of merchandise for his various production jobs and got to know where to find and how to determine the genuine goods in China. I got some nice gifts from him and realise those so-called porcelain made in King Tak Town I bought in HK may not be genuine nor of the standard quality. The first time I washed the new ones I got. I am impressed with how light and thin as well as very evenly made of this bowl. The texture is like silk. I am glad that at least some of the classic cultural things are still being preserved other than those scandalous news about products made in China. So I made a comparison to a Japanese porcelain made bowl (HK$100, US$12.5) and the new one I got.

1. Look at the bowl inside, you can see the light reflection is not that silky and shiny and some slightly rough texture on the surface.

2. See the difference. Shiny and silky and delicate.

3. a look to the whole bowl of the Japanese made one.

4. You can see the bowl is in a nice round shape and it's very thin.

5. the bowls.

4 comments:

Thailand Club said...

strange, couldn't see any pictures from ur J posts

in the sea said...

har...mmmh.. think I messed up with the coding. I copied and pasted this time. Let me do it in the old way.

Stella said...

Hi TC,
I can see pictures from H posts though. Maybe your computer problem like what happened to me before I changed from Yahoo to Firefox.

in the sea said...

It's strange. After I did that, the photos were there. Later on some disappeared and some still there. :)