Saturday, January 02, 2010

若狹家 Sushi Rice, Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan

Left my luggage in the hotel room, rushed out for a quick meal to settle my unrest mind getting haunted for Japanese food - ramen, sushi or any bento... Sorry forgot the English name of this shop. Too oishi to forget it.

1. OK, this shop captured my hunting eyes as it's quite full with locals and it's situation in the side street of Kabuki area of Shinjuku. Ordered a smaller bowl of sushi on rice at JPY790 (big one at JPY1,100). At first I wanna try the one with Sea Urchin but gave up as I wasn't sure the shop offers fresh sashimi. Besides, I needed to save room for a ramen later. So this one is indeed very nice, totally different from those I tried in most Japanese restaurants in HK and BKK. The salmon and tuna are superb! The rice of course is OISHI....! 2. The shop offered a competition for finishing a super big bowl of sushi rice (original price is Y3,980) and if you can finish it in 15 minutes, the meal is free. So this board showed those winners and the fastest one is 9 minutes! The size is 8-10 times bigger than the one I tried.

3. the post for this free meal in 15 minutes or you pay. 4. the shop is very typical Japanese style and quite congested. You need to eat like a pigeon in a bullet cage, but I don't mind being so and I can say I would die for it. 5. See all these nice combinations!

5. See all these nice combinations! 6. the shop entrance.

3 comments:

Thailand Club said...

hey u r doing non-stop eating since arrival

okay when r u going to eat PIZZA

:)

in the sea said...

Har... pizza... I can't resist those devil sushi, sashimi, ramen shops.. :)

Stella said...

I don't think SEA has time for pizza in Japan. Pizza can wait till he is in LA.