Tuesday, January 12, 2010

勝香園大排檔 Sing Heung Yuen Street stall, Central, Hong Kong

My best friend whom I for some reason have not been in contact for a year brought his and my best friend whom thought for leaving HK for a few months on vacation, but his return trip was delayed for 19 years and the return is on a real vacation back to Hong Kong. The most amazing thing is that at this street stall, we all ran into someone who presented me the free air ticket to Honolulu. The ticket led me to ask my best friend to accompany me to Honolulu and there he went on a trip of 19 years. At a wink, 19 years passed..... Many old stuff passed but now it came back as a preserved culture like this street stall cafe.

1. the menu. 2. Iced salty tangerine lemon with 7-up (or Sprite) - another fusion drink and it's very quenching.

3. hot coffee - the old time boiled coffee. 4. hot milk tea - the recommended drink. 5. macaroni with beef in tomato soup on volcanic fire.

6. Kayan butter on toast. 7. lemon butter on toast.

8. condensed milk, peanut butter on toast. 9. the stall.
10. it's on Gough Street, a bit in the Sheung Wan district.

4 comments:

Mike said...

just make me feeling going to Paragon to get some sweet bread now :)

Stella said...

So your friend is a bread person too.
Soft piggy bread and Tsui Tsui here at $1 US is cheap.
Crispy piggy bread was my favorite bread.
And Keyan was my favorite jam in S'Pore.
I just ate 3 slices of Wonder Bread with peanut butter and butter now as snack(11:10 pm).

Stella said...

Yes Mike, that is why I ate 3 slices of bread just now.
Usually I only have 2 slice as night snack; and the extra slice is because I saw all the yummy bread with jam here.
Thank you SEA for the bonus.

in the sea said...

Good to have some carbo. especially in dealing in the cold cold temperature drop.