Sunday, January 17, 2010

Old steps, new prints, Mody to Hanoi, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon

It's often very interesting how we are led on the road. The new Hyatt Regency has often been on my mind since its opening last October. I have been to Tsimshatsui so many times, even one time at SeeFah at Prat Avenue which is just half minute away from this new Hyatt, my feet would just somehow miss a beat in reaching this place. Out of the blue, tonight I took a stop at the TST East for checking on something in Miramar mall. There I took an exit at this mall annexed to Hyatt Regency - K11. There a time journey went on. Some old steps were there on Mody Road. The road where the Angel used to walk on...... Also the Angel's favourite rice roll was on Hanoi Road and now all this triangle section is established with this Hyatt Regency whose older house was loved by the Angel.

1/2. K11 claimed itself as a mall of arts; didn't know why I took my 400D plus the 50mm fixed length lens which is good at taking at portrait or objects. I decided to keep my 400D as it has been with me on the road for many years....., disregarding all those anti-shaking and all those advanced functions. What I need are a firm shoulder and a strong arm to hold on not only to my camera but also to everything ahead in my life. Everything ahead I need to capture. The photos must go on - reflections of our life.

3. the reception. 4. This Aropa is a modern French restaurant and a dinner set is around HK$580.

5. more arts to go. 6. the entrance terrace.



10. the lower part of this building is Hyatt Regency and the upper part is the talk of the town - HK$70k per squre foot - Masterpiece.

11. Even Chow Tai Fook needs to think about their shop image. 12. See that bldg. on the left far behind. It's the old Hyatt Regency on Nathan Rd. Now it is a mall called ISquare. I hope people should stop abusing the "iABC" or "iXYZ". Too many "i" already.

13. Oh, this old bejing cuisine restaurant is still there "the deer calling for Spring", on Mody Road.

6 comments:

Mickey Mouse said...

yes, hv our footstep captured is the biggest treasure if we couldn't back to the future

dc and blog is the most admired invention in the century

without a blog engine, we can only write a diary for our eyes only

Anonymous said...

Yes MM,
Thanks to the invention of DC and blog.
Thanks to the two of you who have so many good photos and good posts for our good memory.
SS

in the sea said...

Maria once told that a hundred years later when someone picked up a hard disk or whatever it is and watched this photo, it would be something like an antique. So we are creating some future antiques. :)

Thailand Club said...

it is true, as technology never stop, who knows what DC shall be after 100 years later, maybe at that time what people c can direct record into the hard disc built in their brain (well at that time such gadget may not be called a hard dish!)

Stella said...

TC you are very imaginative.
SEA you are right. So now we are back to the future.

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.