Thursday, November 05, 2009

Ada food stall, Lockhart Rd., Wanchai, Hong Kong

Someone told me not to post those not worth mentioning but I don't agree to it as I need to tell the others from not making the same mistake or at least verifying if what I said is true. Times are changing and the next day good can be bad, vice versa. Tonight I had a horrible time with a local street stall snack on Lockhart Rd.

1. 3 mixes - HK$18. Wow.. so expensive. Tung Tak at Yaumate is almost 100 times better than this one but they only charged HK$12! They used some horrible sesame oil and "interesting" vinegar. Stay away from this shop. 2. Sesame paste HK$12. I told the lady (yes, I pointed what is wrong with that.) as she noticed I didn't finish, that they used some problematic peanut oil and some rotten sesame paste powder mix. See that thick chunk in the middle! I told her she needed to throw away that pot of this one. Don't wait until she gets fined. Some of friends said I am sometimes quite mean but if I am mean, I even didn't bother to tell them the truth but called the Health Dept. to check on the spot! Telling the truth doesn't mean "mean". It's all that I wish they could look into the matter. Don't use those cheap oil and they didn't charge cheap. Though the shop is in a prime location. Their prices are already 40% higher than the others.
3. the shop.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried this one too one time their sasauage but not good. I think they use some not too good food. but quite many people buy food from this one.

Stella said...

Yes please kindly mention the good ones as well as the bad ones for our reference. "Good one meal and bad one meal" so every meal is worth mentioning.
Also, I like the way Mr. SEA includes all kinds and levels of foods in this blog(both low priced food and higher priced ones). As sometimes good food may not need to be expensive, and expensive food may not always be good.

Anonymous said...

好似股市, 有高有低. 做人亦然, 有彈有讚. 不能輸打嬴要.

in the sea said...

To live our life, we have to be flexible, same as eating or even working. Someone despise those eating in the streets, while someone don't hope for eating in a 6 star hotel restaurant.

pixmation said...

There is 6 stars for hotel? LOL.

in the sea said...

Yes, to my knowledge, Ritz Carlton in some places claim on their 6 star level and also some in Dubai even claim 7 star. Grand Hyatt HK claimed they are also 6. :)