Wednesday, November 04, 2009

(Swimming dragons)四海游龍 vs. (dumpling garden)餃子園 vs. (Altogether)八方雲集

These few days dropped almost 10 degree celsius and at such a cold weather, why don't go get some hot dumpling plus a hot/spicy soup. However, it's yet hard to find a good one. There have been a growing no. of dumpling shops either in chain franchise or branch. So the round 1 I tried 3 shops:

1. first try is Swimming Dragons which is a Taiwanese franchise and their branch in Saiwanho attracted me quite a bit as the shop is in a clean deco. and bright. However, the food turned out to be below average. This sour plum juice is almost tasteless. 2. Hot/spicy soup - nothing hot and nothing spicy. When the waiter asked if it's not good. I told "I am sorry to let it be untouched but I really can't.".

3. Soy bean drink - another disappointment. 4. I think the best dish is this one - boiled veggie.

5. oh... this one is like a cat popped in the kitchen and "p" on the filing. Yes, trust me as I had cats (more than 10) for over 30 years and I really know how that smelled! So awful and I could only find it out when my friend took the last 3rd piece but don't worry my friend liked durian a lot; so I just simply told him I wanna try Dumpling Garden nearby. Excuse for my foul language "S.H.I.T.!". 6. Beef noodle - I also left it untouched.... Another "S.H.I.T.!"

7. So the legend didn't stop at this Dumpling Garden as I really felt hungry. It was totally 180 degree reverse difference from that one in Central (and actually that one is not that good now, after the 2 brothers got in fight from the good business of the shop - see fight just leads to a fly being hung up on the horse ass.). Anyway, the good one is the squash beneath it. The chicken is frozen dead meat! 8. I really wanna go back to Swimming Dragon. This one is even worse. The dumpling wrap must be put in the fridge for a decade! HORRIBLE. So chewy but yet mashy - I really don't know how they could make it very chewy together with mashy. *remarks: Don't go to Tin Hau or Kowloon City anymore. Forget these 2 places. I then ended up in a dessert shop and that one is also very worse and all these 3 places are in Tin Hau and said to be good and with "stars" visiting. So please stay away those places who are said to be visited by xxxx or YYYY. So you would know why I visited Clipper Lounge, Blue Bar and Cova lately. I just want some self-compensations.

9/10. OK, this one is a whole lot better - like heaven and hell. Lately they opened one more branch in Wanchai near my office; at least they know what dumpling and hot/spicy soup is and yet not expensive. This lunch set is HK$26 and the dumplings are freshly made to your order - very nice filling! The soup is not that salty - good for me. I put extra vinegar to my taste. So this one of course wins!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog is very detail in all kinds of food.
How many meals do you eat Mr. Blogger?

Anonymous said...

Yes, the last one is the best. I tried the others 2, not good. The last one has the taiwanese noodle pig's sausage in thick soup, quite good too.

in the sea said...

Anonymous 11:05, not at all, still need to explore for more. I sometimes accumulated my postings until later.

OK, I will try the famous Taiwanese pig's intestine noodle thick soup. To be reported....