Thursday, November 12, 2009

part of Central, part of Western District, Hong Kong

1. City Hall and Jardine Place, still survive since the 60's and 70's. Jardine Place was called Connaught Place. 2. the hall for the City check-in and terminal for Hong Kong Airport Express - good for travellers to check in in the morning time and come back here for a direct train to the Airport 80-90 minute before the flight time (i.e. take the train at 7pm for a flight dep. at 8:30pm). You will arrive at the airport at 7:25pm, still 1 hour for you to stroll to the boarding gate directly.

3/4. another view to the hall.

5/6. Lin Heung Lau - the most talk of town restaurant for nostalgic dim sum but personally I don't recommend.

7. This Chiu Chow restaurant is very local and a favourite of Master Chef Chow Chung. Will go there for a try. 8. Western Street and Eastern Street are the 2 streets I used to walk around at school time. Now it has changed quite a lot.

9. Guess what? A watch tower outside the Western Police Dept. 10. I guess this Chinese doctor should have been there for a half decade. At least I often heard a lot about him from my father.

11. another old time public facility. 12. the steep road of Western Street.
13. the white building used to be the school I went to and here is the 3rd Street. 14. the church has been here for many years.

3 comments:

Stella said...

So this is your home town where you grown up from.

in the sea said...

Stella, nope, I spent 3 years for catching up my falling behind study from the former 3 years to complete my secondary school. So this place would mean something to me. I took an hour bus ride and another 15 min. walk (back then I could walk 2 times faster) to this place all the way from the Eastern part of Hong Kong to this Western part. :)

Stella said...

Thanks SEA for the clarification.
So you used to walk fast like the way I do huh.