Saturday, November 07, 2009

南Y島榕樹灣阿婆山水豆腐花, Bean curd sweet made by Madam Madam near Yun Shue Wan, Lamma Island

Found this gorgeous sweet photo I took almost 6 years ago. Lamma Island was a place where my father/aunts brought me and my brother/sisters to go for picnic and see my aunt in Lo Di Wan. At that time this place was a fun land for all of us. No car, no crowded people and it's about everything in nature. At that time my aunt told me how good to have some nice cool water from a well. The wellness of good water as it has some natural minerals from the mountain which are not good at just only cooking but also to our body. I was so dumb for not taking those word of treasure from my aunt and thought "water is water". I could only find it out on my first trip to Cannes in 1997 by tasting a glass bottled Evian!

I think about 16 years ago, I brought my Japanese business friends to try this bean curd sweet made of natural mineral water. I still recall their wonderful facial expression and said "oh... OISHI, OISHI, OISHI...". Then quiet for 20 seconds, they kept on ordering one by one. Madam Madam was so happy to even give them some nice brown cane sugar. Not sure if that was the beginning but Madam Madam ran a small street stall until 6 years ago, she ran her business with 10 to 15 tables. CONGRATULATIONS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone told me the old lady left the shop for her daughter but it is still good.

in the sea said...

Thanks Anonymous 1:50pm, I'll see if I have some time to go to Yun Shue Wan. At least try one restaurant which still has "wood fire" stove. Last time when I was there, when they served a simple stir fried choy sum, I got stunned with such a nice powerful stir frying! So I went in the kitchen and took a look. My goodness - a wood fire stove!